Welcome

Why does everyone want to 'be normal' and 'fit in' I think being different is the new normal.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Ocean Dolphins:Report

In the world, there are 33 different species of dolphins that we now of. My favorite Type of dolphins
are Spinner dolphins followed shortly by the short-beaked common dolphin and then the common bottlenose dolphin. Most dolphins live in groups witch are called pods. Pods can be big or small. I don't know exactly how many dolphins it takes to consider it a pod, but I believe that there has to be 3 dolphins at least. All dolphins that I have read about eat fish. And I believe the rest of them do to. Now, here are different types of dolphins.


 The dolphin people usual think of is the Common bottlenose dolphins. The common bottlenose dolphin is a show dolphin. At birth, this dolphin can weigh about 31-44 lb. When it is an adult, The male can weigh up to 1,100 lb and the female can weigh up to 570 lb. They are found in weather that is from 50 degrease to 90 degrease. Like most dolphins, this type live in pods. Also like most dolphins, they eat fish. You can find a huge pod of any kind of dolphins swimming and eating together.

The next dolphin is one that is very different from other dolphins. The southern right whale dolphins and the reason it is special is because it has no dorsal fin. The fin on top of the dolphin.. They have an eel like body. This dolphin is easily confused with the northern right whale dolphin, but the difference is that the southern right whale has more wight  then the northern. These types of dolphins prey on small fish and I don't know if they live in pods.

The Killer whale. OK I know what your thinking, Your thinking that the killer whale is a whale not a dolphin, but that is why I am here. the killer whale is mater of fact not a whale it is a dolphin and the reason is That whale and dolphins are pretty much the same thing. So all you all who still don't believe me look it up. Killer whales live In smallish pods. Have you ever been to sea world? Well if you have not you should go and watch the shamu show it is amazing. You should also watch the dolphin show.

The spinner dolphin. Do you know why it is called the spinner dolphin? well it is because when they jump out of the water they spin. What? it true they jump up and spin. If you don't believe me look it up.  you should believe me though, because it would give you more time in the day. These marine mammals prey on small fish and squid. they do live in pods. these are my favorite type of dolphins.

So dolphins are super cool and are my favorite animals. I have even seen wild dolphins at Florida. but don't get your hopes up and if you ever find a beached whale/dolphin call for help and don't try to push it back in. That is my advise to you.

                                                                     Flipp!n
                                                                              Girl

2 comments: